Skip to main content
Solved

Help creating a dynamic product block that is sent one year post purchase

• 14 June 2024
  • 1 reply

We are bringing in a new feature in our business that gives customers the option to upgrade the product(s) they purchased after one year.

I am trying to set up an email flow that goes out 334 days (11 months) after the trigger “placed order” so they have a reminder one month before it’s time to upgrade the product they bought, then I will do another one exactly one year after the purchase.

The option to upgrade is for every purchase, not just their first. I would like to include a dynamic image of the product or products they purchased one year prior but I don’t know if the dynamic block just shows the most recent purchase or the specific purchase they made to enter this flow?

I don’t want it to just show the most recent product purchased because they may have purchased again since.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @ebunilink93 

Sorry for the delayed response!

You are correct that depending on the trigger you are using, a dynamic product block will only show the most recent “placed order” item. However, I have an idea that might work, but would take some energy to initially set this up.

• You would need to setup a post purchase flow for each product where the trigger is placed order and trigger filter of product equals XXX.
  • Then create a time delay of 334 days
  • Create first email with static product blocks so you can be very specific about the product that is ready for upgrade.
  • Create the second time delay for 30 days
  • Add email #2 

You can save some time by saving different blocks as universal content, which will allow you to plug and play different pieces of content easily between emails/flows.

My idea would allow you to trigger the flow on the day of the order based on the order details so we are capturing who purchased what items and then with the time delays send them the followups for upgrades. 

Please let me know what you think about this idea and we can keep workshopping this until you have what you need!