Solved

Help me understand the View Product metric!

• 8 March 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

I’m brand new to Klaviyo, and I’m hoping someone can help me understand the ‘View Product’ event and how it triggers the browse abandonment flow on my Shopify site.

I have a browse abandonment flow setup, using the template provided in Klaviyo. I’ve tested the trigger and flow as instructed, and it seems to work when I try it on my own profile/email. I get the browse abandonment flow email just fine.

However, when I uploaded a small section of my existing subscriber list to Klaviyo and sent my first test campaign, it didn’t seem to work at all. A total of seven people clicked through from the Klaviyo campaign email directly to a particular product page on my site. They’re showing as converting to the “View Product” metric, but none of them triggered the flow. I feel like I’m missing something, but I just don’t get what. 

Thanks so much for your help!

icon

Best answer by JessFosnough 8 March 2024, 20:25

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

Hi @LMayberry,

I have a few questions:

1 - Can the 7 people receive email marketing? (ie, not suppressed)

2 - Is there a time delay that hasn’t passed yet?

3 - Is there a filter that is causing them to not receive the email?

If you none of those solves the problem, perhaps you can upload screen shots so we can look into it further. Best of luck!

Badge +1

Thanks for the quick response, Jess!

They aren’t suppressed, no. There’s a 2 hour time delay set on the flow, and these clicks all happened yesterday, so I don’t think that’s the issue. I just went into the flow settings and noticed that the “smart sending” filter is on. Perhaps that’s it? If it’s skipping anyone who received an email from me within the last 16 hours, that would be everyone who was on the campaign, correct? I guess I assumed the filters were all setup properly in the template flow, but perhaps not?

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

Hello again @LMayberry,

I was actually in the middle of typing out a response about checking Smart Sending when I received notifcation of your comment! Yes, I believe Smart Sending is causing the profiles to be skipped. I don’t rememer for sure, but I *think* all the pre-built flows have Smart Sending turned on by default.

You can change the Smart Sending time frame in your account settings, under the Email tab. You can also choose to disable Smart Sending for specific flows and campaigns as needed - I find it especially helpful to disable it on flows that I am testing.

Let me know if I can help further!

Badge +1

Hi @JessFosnough Ha! I’ll turn it off on that flow (and the abandoned cart flow) and do some more testing. I think I can figure it out from here. 

I really appreciate the help! 😊