Solved

Help with a flow

• 14 March 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Hello together, 
I'm relatively new to Klaviyo and not even sure where exactly to look for - so sorry at this point, because I'm sure the answer already exists somewhere. 

I am in the process of creating a flow and have the following challenge. 

A customer buys a certain (!) product ( in this case it is a sample). I would like to set up a flow in which he is reminded after some time automated to buy the fullsize product. 

How do I have to proceed?
I tried to set it as a segment, but I can't say here that the flow should only be started when he buys this one product - I only have the option to say that the flow starts when he triggers a purchase. 
How can I specify this?

Thanks for your help!

icon

Best answer by In the Inbox 14 March 2023, 15:37

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +29

Hi @Claudia 81 

Thank you for posting your question in the community. 

What ecommerce platform are you using and have integrated with Klaviyo? 

If you’re using Shopify, for example, one of the events that can be used is called Ordered Product. This event fires for each product purchased within an order. 

For what you are trying to do, I would set up a flow using the Ordered Product metric. Then, in the flow filters, you can set a filter to only allow users to trigger the flow if they have ordered a specific product. To filter by this product, you would use the Product ID in the filter. 

To find the product ID, in Klaviyo in the left-hand nav, expand the Content group and click on Products. If you’ve integrated with a ecomm platform you should see all of your products here. You’ll search for this particular product and copy the Product ID.

Then, in the flow, you’ll set up the flow filter to look for a specific product ID and you’ll paste in the code.

I hope this helps! If you have any additional questions, please don’t hesitate to let us know!

Best,

@In the Inbox