Solved

Help with {{Custom variables }} inserted into Klaviyo notifications message body from sing up form - New Editor

• 6 December 2022
  • 3 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

Hi there!

Looking for some syntax help on profile properties and custom properties, appreciate any help or direction!

Background: Client has a wholesale sign up form on their website, it includes the basic profile properties like name / email / phone but Ive added in custom properties using multi-checkboxs; for example.

I’ve set up a flow to have “New wholesale sign ups”  send a notification to the sales department email, and would like to populate the message body with the custom variable but am having trouble determining the correct syntax. For example this is what i would like to populate;

Message body:  

New wholesale sign up customer details, 

First Name: {{ person.name }} 

Last Name: {{ person.last_name }} 

Email {{ person.email }}

Business Name: {{ person | Lookup: ‘organization_name’ }} 

What type of business are they: {{ person | Lookup: ‘ Business_Type’ }}

Date they created their profile: {{ event | Lookup: ‘ Profile Created’ }}

*I also have things like business address, website, store size, profile creation date etc but wanted to start with these for now*

Had started testing them in “preview mode” pop - up in klaviyo until i got lost in the sytax and decided to come here to ask an expert!

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by alex.hong 6 December 2022, 22:31

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi there @Codemadic ,

Welcome to the Community!
It seems you are on the right track for getting started using custom variables and tags/syntax.

Below I have linked some articles that will provide you with the info you need!

Guide to Template Tags and Variable Syntax

Info on Custom Properties

How to insert template tags and variable syntax into text

Awesome!

Thank you Alex!

Badge

Hi there,

I created a form that I’d like to place on my website for customers who are interested in collaborating with us. The form will collect basic and custom properties. From there, I’ve set up a flow that will notify team members that someone has filled out the form. I’d like the email to populate all of the information a customer has provided and the selections they made from a multi checkbox field.

How do you populate an email notification with only the selections a customer has made within a multi checkbox field from a form? I have tried multiple things, but nothing populates.

My multi checkbox field contains four different custom properties. I have tried the following and both have not worked:

• {{ event|lookup:'XXX' }}
  • {{ person|lookup:'XXX' }}

The current email reads as such. The text in red is the only thing not working: 

Name: {{ first_name }} {{ last_name }}

Email: {{ email }}

Instagram: {{ person|lookup:'Instagram' }}

TikTok: {{ person|lookup:'TikTok' }}

Opportunities they're interested in:

• {{ event|lookup:'Photo Ambassador' }}
  • {{ event|lookup:'Affiliate' }}
  • {{ event|lookup:'Social Feature' }}
  • {{ event|lookup:'Blog Feature' }}

Additional Feedback:

{{ person|lookup:'Tell Us Any Additional Thoughts' }}

Please help. Thanks!