Solved

Help with email campaign background image

• 31 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

I am hoping someone can help with an email background image issue. Each time I preview the newsletter, the image shows up. However, when I send the test email, the image does not appear on the computer, but does appear when I read it on my phone. So strange! 

icon

Best answer by In the Inbox 31 July 2023, 17:17

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +29

Hi @acdct 

Thank you for posting your question in the community! Quick question. What email client or web-client are you using to view the email on Desktop?

Background images do not always render on different email clients based on how they render the email code. For example, Outlook is notorious for not rending background images. 

Litmus has a great chart for what clients do and do not render background images. 
https://www.litmus.com/blog/the-ultimate-guide-to-background-images-in-email

If you verified the client should render, then we can troubleshoot further, but from an initial guess, my suspicion is the email client doesn’t render the background image.

I hope this helps!

@In the Inbox 

Badge

Hello - I’m using gmail.com on the computer. This is the third monthly newsletter I’ve sent, but the first time I have ever had this issue. The very strange thing is that when I open with Outlook, it first asks me to allow external images but then when I click to allow, it does render. In Gmail, I have it set to always allow external images. And also, as mentioned, when I view it on an iphone the background image does render as well. 

Badge

I should probably add that the image is a screenshot that I uploaded via Styles → Background image