Solved

Hide content by country? Best practice for Campaigns

• 17 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi there, 

We have just started selling our products to customers in a new country, and I would like to make sure the links in my emails take the customers to the page in their currency. 

I saw the guide where you can show content to customers in a certain country ex. person.Country == “United States”. This works when we only want to show content to 1 particular country.

However, is there a way to hide a block from one particular country, and show it to all other countries? Ex. if you sell to 5 countries and want to hide some of that content from just 1 of the countries, what would be the best way to do it? Is there a particular condition, or would the best way to do this be setting up a duplicate campaign?

Thank you for your help!

icon

Best answer by Victoria_ap_G 17 April 2024, 14:51

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi @tanyal ,

Thanks for posting your question.

Yes there is a way.

You want to use person.Country =! “United States”

=! means “does not equal” so will show to everyone who is not listed as being in United States.

For further information here’s an article on the show hide logic for dynamic variables. 

Many thanks

Victoria

Badge +1

Hi @tanyal ,

Thanks for posting your question.

Yes there is a way.

You want to use person.Country =! “United States”

=! means “does not equal” so will show to everyone who is not listed as being in United States.

For further information here’s an article on the show hide logic for dynamic variables. 

Many thanks

Victoria

Amazing!! Thank you for your help Victoria, this is exactly what I was looking for. 🤗

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

Hi @tanyal,

Thanks for your question! Yes, can hide a block from one country. Say you have a block that you don’t want to show to customers in the United States; then use this logic:

not person|lookup:'Country' == 'United States'

This will show the block to everyone who does not have United States as their country. If you have some subscribers where country is blank, you can exclude them as well by adding OR, the entire logic would look like this:

not person|lookup:'Country' == 'United States' or not person|lookup:'Country'

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have further questions!