Solved

how are evaluated split conditions in Flows

Badge +1

Sorry if my question has already been answered, but I did not find it.

Considering a Flow with a split condition relative to email interests. If my split condition is followed by 3 email sendings, is the condition reevaluated before each send ?

Other way to ask : In a flow, what happens if I enter the TRUE branch of a SPLIT condition but this condition changes in time? Does the flow stop?

Thanks in advance for your help.

D.

icon

Best answer by In the Inbox 24 May 2022, 15:54

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +29

Hi @Damien 

Thank you for posting your question in the community! 

If you are using a conditional split to create a branch within a flow, contacts within that flow are only evaluated against that condition at the time they reach the brand in the flow. 

If someone passes through the split on to your remaining messages, they will not be evaluated again based on how the flow is configured.

However, if you want to a contact to be re-evaluated each time they are scheduled to be sent a message, you can also apply the same logic in your conditional split on the individual message level. This way, if you need to keep the conditional split to separate users based on some condition down two paths you can, but then add the same logic to the message and if the user does not meet that criteria at the time they are scheduled to be sent the next message, the user would be skipped from receiving that message. 

You can set the message filter here:

If you want to suppress any contact from receiving any message in the flow at any time after they’ve been triggered into the flow, you can also sent a Flow Filter. 

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any any additional questions!

Good luck.

@In the Inbox 

Badge +1

Cristal clear ! Thanks a lot