Solved

How can I activate create two separate welcome flows based on what the subscriber is interested in?

• 26 October 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

My brand has two target audiences

1. Gift Shoppers
  2. Self-Shoppers

They have different needs, therefore our messaging is tailored for each. 

I want to create 2 separate welcome flows that speak to each customer. 
This is how I was thinking of going about it:

1. Pop up on homepage asks new subscriber who they’re shopping for. (For themselves, or for someone else). Their selection adds a property to their profile. Shopping_for

1. In the welcome flow I start with a conditional split to separate the Gift Shoppers from the Self-Shoppers

This is where I’m hitting a block. Once I get to this step, I cannot find the Shopping_for property that I created through the pop up. 

My question is: How can I make sure that those who selected Gift Shoppers in the sign up form get the proper welcome flow?

icon

Best answer by Jessica eCommerce Badassery 27 October 2023, 00:04

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

@BeautyCopywriter94  The profile property won’t show up in the dropdown if it doesn’t exist anywhere in Klaviyo yet.

Your best bet so you can truly test is to either go to your profile and add it manually, or enter your information in the signup form. You’ll need to use two separate profiles so you can add the two different values. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +24

Hi @BeautyCopywriter94 - welcome to the community!

After you get the custom property shopping_for set up in Klaviyo with your test profile(s) - I have one thing for you to consider as you build this Welcome Series with distinct variations in messaging based on the shopper type…

While you can accomplish what you’re trying to do with a conditional split within one Welcome Series flow, and have two branches that are specific to Gift Shoppers and Self-Shoppers, I’d recommend you split this up into two distinct Welcome Series flows. 

You would do this by setting up a “flow filter” based on the shopping_for property you’re already using, rather than using it to configure a conditional split. For at-a-glance tracking and performance evaluation, it will be helpful for you long-term to have separate reporting for the revenue and engagement metrics of each flow.

This is something we do with our clients at ebusiness pros - if there is a specific Welcome Series journey, then it becomes its own flow. Simplifying the flow system in this way will also help you maintain the most reliable logic to ensure the right people get the right messages. 

Warmly,

Gabrielle

Klaviyo Champion & Marketing Lead at ebusiness pros