Solved

How can I send emails in a flow to people who have been skipped?

• 12 August 2021
  • 5 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

I’ve created a flow and accidentally put the incorrect flow filter, which skipped Email A for certain people. I want to send these skipped people Email A but can’t figure out how. Appreciate any support on this, thanks! 

icon

Best answer by David To 12 August 2021, 19:55

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @Johndsn33,

Thanks for sharing your question with the Klaviyo Community!

Happens to the best of us! To resend an email to these customers who may have been skipped, Klaviyo actually offers a resend function! You can access and resend the skipped email by navigating into the email’s analytics under the recipient activity tab. When viewing the list of skipped recipients, you can click on the Resend button used to send the email out immediately. Alternatively, you can also find this function within the contact’s message history in their profile. 

Keep in mind though this would only resend the single individual email and would not cause the contact to be re-entered into the flow again. 

If you wanted these skipped contacts to receive the entire flow experience as opposed to the individual email, I would suggest cloning the existing flow, updating the flow filter, setting the newly cloned flow Live, and then back-populating the flow. Back-populating is a means to retroactively add qualified recipients into a flow as if the flow was already in place. One thing to note though is that if your flow contains a coupon code, you would not be able to back-populate the flow. I also elaborated on this strategy in a similar Community post that you can find more details about below:

To learn more about both Klaviyo’s Resend and Back-Populate functions, I would recommend taking a look at the following Help Center articles:

I hope this helps! Have a great day!

David

Thanks @david.to , figured out how to do it!

Badge +2

@David To I think the UI changed. When I go to the “skipped” list, the only columns I see are email, name, time, and export CSV.  The article in the help center seems to be outdated.

Any ideas how to resend to skipped now without having to manually export the CSV and creating a new temporary list?

Thanks!
Yvonne

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Yvonne ecommerce,

Thanks for bringing this up! Although the screenshot in our How to resend emails in Klaviyo Help Center article may need some updating, the instructions should still be accurate.

Instead of a standalone column which offers you the resend option, we’ve streamlined it so the resend button will appear when you hover on the row of the particular skipped contact. 

David

Badge +2

Thanks @David To!