Solved

How do I add customers email addresses and profiles to new flows that have bought my products from me previously (before I had an online shop)?

• 10 April 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hi there

I want to add a whole list of customers that have bought from me and markets etc to my email flows. How do I do this? 

icon

Best answer by In the Inbox 10 April 2023, 15:19

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +29

Hi @SCEmma 

Thank you for posting your question in the community! 

The process of adding new contacts manually to your Klaviyo account can be done a couple of different ways. You can manually add one contact at a time, or bulk upload a list of contacts. 

Once you upload a contact to your account, if they are not suppressed they will be eligible to receive emails from your flows (Cart abandon, etc.)

To add contacts via a bulk upload, you need to have all of your new contacts in a formatted CSV file. This article outlines the steps for prepping your list and importing them into Klaviyo.

https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005078487-How-to-migrate-existing-email-subscribers-and-unsubscribes-into-Klaviyo

If you want to trigger a new contact you upload into a flow based on some profile property, you’ll need to set up a segment-based flow and then apply that profile property to the list before you upload them into Klaviyo. 

This is another good resource about Segment-based flows.

https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360003040052-How-to-create-a-segment-triggered-flow

I hope this helps! 

@In the Inbox 

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @SCEmma,

@In the Inbox is spot on! 

I will add though that I wouldn’t recommend importing those profiles/contacts into your Klaviyo account. 

Just because a customer has purchased from your store prior doesn’t mean they’ve shared explicit consent to be marketed towards. Unless these contacts have opted into receiving marketing materials from you, I would be hesitant to send any emails to them. Not only could it negatively impact your deliverability - since there’s a large likelihood these contacts will either ignore or mark your emails as spam - but also it’s a violation of Klaviyo’s Acceptable Use Policy and CAN-SPAM regulations. 

Have you done any email marketing to these profiles recently? If not, then these contacts may be considered stale and once again would be ill advised to reach out to them for the same reasons above. 

I hope this helps!

David