Solved

How do I add multiple products to Cart Abandonment Email

• 17 November 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

How do I add multiple products to Cart Abandonment and checkout abandonment emails and SMS messages? Our average order has over 2 items in it so we want to make sure these emails captures all products left behind.

icon

Best answer by Brian Turcotte 18 November 2022, 17:25

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @Sherylbies and welcome to the Community!

This is a great question because it highlights an important distinction that is helpful to understand while creating a Cart Abandonment flow: Added to Cart vs. Started Checkout. An Added to Cart event is fired whenever a customer adds a single product to the cart, and will be repeated when any other individual products are added. Therefore, this event does not pass any quantity data. The Started Checkout event is fired when a user enters their email at the start of checkout, and passes event data for all products that are present in the cart at that time. While an abandoned cart flow can be triggered by either metric, your specific use case is only possible using the Started Checkout Metric. Here’s another Community thread on this topic:

If your flow is already triggered by the Started Checkout metric and you are asking how to ensure that all the products are displayed in the subsequent email, you’ll have to build a dynamic table block in order for that event data to be populated. This takes a few steps, but my colleague Anna created an incredible Community post describing exactly how to do it:

I hope this helps, and thanks for using the Community!

- Brian