Solved

How do I insert my typeform quiz URL as a dynamic field in a button?

• 19 July 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hello,

how can I get email as a dynamic field in the button. I want to send a link to a survey in Typeform and I need the URL to carry the email, which will then be saved in the response in Typeform. 

Thank you.

Petra

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 25 July 2022, 23:01

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @halikova

Welcome to the Community!

To clarify, do you mean that your goal is to embed a Typeform URL in a button in an email, so that when a user and clicks the button they will then be taken to the Typeform quiz and the typeform quiz will sync the answers back to the correct user/email? This is definitely doable and outlined in our helpful Typeform <> Klaviyo integration documentation. It should also be noted that if you want the Typeform answers to be synced back to the correct user your Typeform forms must include a single email input field. If your Typeform form lacks an email field, Klaviyo will not be able to sync your Typeform subscribers. It also explains that if your integration is set up correctly, the following data will be synced to Klaviyo:

• When someone filled out a form
  • The name & ID of the form the user filled out
  • Data collected from form fields

I’d suggest checking out our various threads about Typeform to gain more insight! 

Thanks for participating in the Community!

-Taylor 

Badge +1

Hello, Tylor, 

Thank you. I just need to get the email to transfer via URL to Typeform and after the user fills in the form their email will appear in the hidden field. In Mailchimp this is very simple, just put a dynamic field for the email at the end of the URL. 

https://form.typeform.com/to/tzvuWYfn#email=*|MERGE0|*

But in Klaviyo it doesn't work like that. When I put the email in like that, nothing gets transferred.

In the Typeform there is a hidden field for email. 

Petra

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @halikova

Thanks for the follow up! 

Klaviyo will need include an email address in order to have the profile cookied/synced. While this feature isn’t necessarily supported, there are other workarounds you can use if interested. I’d reccomend reading through this similar topic to gain more insight!

-Taylor