Solved

How do I match "X" from a Zap to "X" in a Klaviyo profile then add that profile to an Email/SMS flow?

• 6 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

We make custom artwork that requires customer feedback twice during the creation process.

The problem I am trying to solve is that our manufacturer emails our customers directly during the creation process to get their approval before moving on to the next step. We don’t have a trust issue about our manufacturer stealing our customers- it’s more that it’s an inconsistent brand experience, many customers miss the emails because the sent from email address is unfamiliar, and these emails often get sent to spam- all of which drag out the process and delay the order.

The solution I’ve come up with has a big hole in it that I didn’t realize until now.

1. Manufacturer will send those boilerplate proofing emails to an internal orders@example.com email address instead of directly to the customer.
  2. I’ll use Zapier Email Parser to pull the order ID, customer name, and the link to the proofs.
  3. Zapier triggers a flow in klaviyo which adds this info into my own reformatted proofing email which will send the email from my domain (and sms) with adequate follow up built into the flow.

The part that I didn’t account for was how to the match the order number from Zapier with the order number/customer profile in Klaviyo, then how to grab their email and phone number so I can add them to this flow.

icon

Best answer by stephen.trumble 15 May 2023, 21:23

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @sscott 

Thank you so much for asking the community for help with your Zapier data and Klaviyo flow.

I do have a couple of questions for you to be able to fully help you. First, is the customers order ID, name, and link to proofs all sent in the same registered event from Zapier? If so, can you share a screenshot of a profile with this event data so we can see how the data is nested in the event. Typically the easiest way to set this up would be to use either a metric triggered flow. Whenever someone takes the action (metric) that triggers the flow, they will be queued up to receive the email sequence. For a post-purchase, for example, you would select the Placed Order metric, and then everyone who places an order will be queued up. You will need to determine what the primary event data (metric) is and use that to trigger the flow, so profile that contains that event will enter and move through the flow. This is also typically the easiest way to pull line items from the event like name and order number to dynamically populate in your emails.

Hope this helps!

Badge +1

Hi @stephen.trumble,

Appreciate you engaging with my question. 

Yes, the customers order ID, name, and link to proofs is all sent in the same zapier event. Below is a screenshot from zapier email parser.

I currently have this set up as a metric triggered flow - screenshot below.

I guess my question now is how do I set up the flow to send the email to this person? since I am not getting the customers email address through the zap, how can I connect the trigger to the correct profile? 

Thanks again,

Steve

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @sscott 

Thank you for your patience!

With the way the Zap is currently set up, there is no automatic way for Klaviyo to recognize which profile the “metric event” is being connected to. I assume that all of the events are being sent to one internal profile. A best practice for data privacy would be to have each Zap sent directly to the customers profile in Klaviyo instead of to one internal profile. You will need to work with your developer or IT team to reconfigure this setup so that it can send directly to an individual's profile( recognized by their email address). Once these events are attributed to the correct profiles, you will be able to use the flow from above to automatically identify these profiles and send them the necessary emails.

Hope this helps!