Skip to main content
Solved

How do you handle switching coupons in a welcome flow during sales period?

• 11 June 2024
  • 2 replies

We have a welcome offer in our welcome series for 15% off. During sale periods, we use a universal coupon code for 25% off (everyone sees the same code across all platforms). Historically, during a sales period, we have been manually switching the welcome series to show the 25% off coupon, then switching it back to 15% when the sale ends. Is there a better way to handle this? We want to continue using universal codes (we use shopify). Is there a way to schedule which coupon a customer sees during a certain time period so we don’t have to change manually?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi @ThunderKatie 

Thank you for posting your question in the community, and great question. 

While I am not aware of a way to ‘schedule’ when a specific coupon code shows vs. another within Klaviyo, what I would recommend is to save the second of the email where the coupon is presented as a universal content block. 

You’d need to implement this block in all emails where you want the coupon to appear between the 15% or the 25% off. 

But once you have it implemented in all of the emails you want to update when the coupons change, you’d only have to update one email using the Universal Content block and when you save it, that change will update all other placements where the universal block is saved.

Unfortunately, this doesn’t eliminate having to manually update at least one email, but it will help reduce the amount of time and iterations of having to update the coupons when they do change.

I’d love to invite some of the fellow Klaviyo Champions to hear their thoughts or ideas if they have another possible approach or recommendation for you. @Bobi N. @ebusiness pros @retention @Omar @KatherineB @Adam Ragsdale @Bobby 

I hope this helps!

@In the Inbox 

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi @ThunderKatie 

I can’t think of a better solution than the one @In the Inbox described. Using a Universal Content Block to temporarily exchange a coupon within multiple flow emails should accomplish your goal and save you a lot of time!