Solved

How do you set up coupons to show based on how the user subscribed?

Badge +1

I am setting up Welcome and Exit Intent pop ups on a site (Shopify), with 2 separate incentives - so 2 separate coupon codes. How do I set up the coupon block in the welcome email series to display the coupons to users based on how they signed up?

Example: If a user subscribes through the exit intent pop up, how do I make the exit intent pop up coupon show in the welcome flow emails, and not the welcome pop up coupon? 

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 25 July 2022, 18:04

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi there @karlyah

Welcome to the Community! Thanks for sharing your question with us, would love to help!

You can definitely accomplish this in your Flow. I’d suggest utilizing a conditional split in your welcome flow, differentiating who joined your List and the Welcome Flow through which form. You can use ‘properties about someone’ as a condition for a split. You can use the $source property for one of the forms as the condition, meaning if they do have x $source (let’s say the exit intent popup form) they’d travel down the ‘YES’ path and have that form’s specific coupon code displayed in the subsequent email and the another email created for those who travel down the ‘NO’ path because they filled out the other form and don’t have the same $source. 

However, as the $source of a customer could change, you could also add a hidden custom property to each form  and create the conditional split to differentiate on whether or not the customer has that form’s specific property attached to their profile upon form submission. 

Once, you’ve made sure you’re creating the right email for the subscriber, then you can add in the coupon code to display. If the coupon is static, drag and drop in a text block and type in the code. Make sure that the block is prominent so recipients will notice it. However if it’s a dynamic or unique code,  you can insert it into a flow email using the following dynamic placeholder variable and it will show in your email. 

{% coupon_code 'NAME_OF_YOUR_COUPON' %}

I’d also recommend checking out these similar Community topics to gain more insight!

Thanks for participating in the Community!

-Taylor 

Badge +1

Thanks so much for your reply Taylor! This has helped so much! Greatly appreciated 🙌😍