Solved

How to add a tag for a product that a customer bought

• 30 October 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hi all, 

Is there a way to add a tag for the product or products that a customer bought in their last recent purchase? It’s for a flow triggered by a purchase.

Thanks!

Jules

icon

Best answer by Omar 1 November 2023, 00:08

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @jules.moradi 

Could you explain a little more about what you're trying to achieve with your purchase-triggered flow with respect to products purchased?

Regards

Andy

Badge

Hi Andy, 

Yes, one of the emails is a request for a Google review, and I’d like to remind customers of the name of the product or products they just bought so they can mention them in their Google review. The products are handmade jewellery pieces with creative names so they might not remember what they were called.

Thanks!

Jules

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Thanks for the clarification @jules.moradi 

In your review email, in the placed-order triggered flow, include the dynamic table block used in abandoned flow emails. That block will display all the products from their most recent purchase event. You may also want to include a filter ‘placed order zero times since starting this flow’.

The easiest way to add that dynamic table is to go to your checkout abandon flow (or choose Klaviyo’s template) and save the dynamic table as universal content. Then add that table to the reviews email, modify as needed, and test/preview to make sure all is OK.

Let me know if you have any further questions and how you get on.

Regards

Andy

Userlevel 7
Badge +44

@jules.moradi If you want to show information of a product in an email you need to trigger the flow using the most relevant event. In this case I would suggest using the fulfilled order event instead of the placed order event. Any information in the event can then be used to add information in an email. Product names, images etc etc. 

2 tips, add a condition in the flow to only filter Gmail accounts (requirement for posting a review) and I would also add an NPS style or star rating in the email where low scores go to a typeform or google form and only the positives scores redirect to the google reviews.

Regards,

Omar Lovert // Polaris Growth // Klaviyo Master Platinum Partner

We help with e-commerce growth through CRO, Klaviyo and CVO