Solved

How to add media line items event from each shopify products in a CTA?

• 8 March 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +1
  • Contributor I
  • 0 replies

In one of my post purchase flows I have a button VIEW USER MANUAL to redirect to a pdf of the specific purchased product which is alocated in shopify files.

I added the event variable: {{ event.extra.line_items.0.product.handle }}.pdf
and in the preview mode, it works but just for some products. For most of them just sends me to a 404 error page.

Any idea on how to approach it?

icon

Best answer by alex.hong 8 March 2023, 22:34

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @Nanu ,

Welcome to the Community.

The reason why the VIEW USER MANUAL button might only work for some products in preview and not for others could be due to several reasons:

1. Incorrect file name or path: Double-check that the file name and path you entered in the event variable are correct and match the actual file name and path of the user manual for each product. If the file name or path is incorrect, Klaviyo won't be able to locate the file, resulting in a 404 error.

2. Missing or inaccessible file: Make sure that the user manual file exists in the Shopify Files section for each product and that it is accessible. If the file is missing or inaccessible, Klaviyo won't be able to locate it and will return a 404 error.

3. Permissions: Check that you have the appropriate permissions to access the Shopify Files section and that the file is not set to private. If the file is set to private, Klaviyo won't be able to access it, resulting in a 404 error.

4. Formatting issue: Ensure that the event variable is correctly formatted and that there are no extra spaces or characters in the variable that may cause it to not work for some products.

Let me know if that was the case.