Solved

How to allow subscribers to set their email preferences from my welcome email I send them?

• 15 December 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

I have a large list of people who have opted into emails and I would like to send them an initial welcome email that will allow them to set their email preferences (how often I email them), as well as their interests. I would like for it to all exist within the welcome email itself, I don’t want to direct the recipients to an external link or anything. Is there a way I can set up a flow that has checkboxes that subscribers can check their preferences and it’ll save the info somewhere to update their profile?

icon

Best answer by In the Inbox 15 December 2023, 19:35

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +29

Hi @isabellam 

Thank you for posting your question in the community! The best way to do this would be to use the update profile property when someone clicks a link. Check out the following help article that walks you through how to set everything up. 

https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005255248

You’ll need to create the profile properties first and then you set up the links. The instructions do include a URL redirect, but this could also be a way to redirect people to specific parts of your website, based on the interest they click on in the email. 

Or, you could redirect them to a preference page to continue collecting the other variables. I know you want to collect everything via email, and you can, but each time a user clicks on the linked element in your email, they will be redirected, so you might as well redirect to the preference center so people can complete their updates rather than going back and forth to the email. 

I hope this helps!

@In the Inbox