Solved

How to automaticaly remove someone from a segment after the flow ended, so that they are excluded from facebook ads .

• 31 August 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Hey, i would like to ask your help on this topic. 

I created a segment of people that was active on site at least 5 times in the last 30 days and created a 5 email flow. 

The goal here is to provide a limited ( 5 days) discount. 

I have integrated with facebook that segment, so i can target that people via email and ads. 

But after 5 days pass and they received all five emails  i wish to remove those people from that segment so i dont keep showing them ads on facebook about that topic. 

But i also want to allow the client, if weeks later they become active 5 times again tey go back in to the flow and start receiving ads again. 

So the question are:

1 - Is there a way to exclude someone from the flow after it has ended, so that facebook excludes those people, and also allowing them back on if they fulfil the same requirements.

Thanks for you help!

icon

Best answer by stephen.trumble 31 August 2022, 21:15

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Fmatos 

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community! Thank you so much for coming in to ask for help with your segment. 

So there are a couple different questions here so I’ll just go in order: 

But after 5 days pass and they received all five emails  i wish to remove those people from that segment so i dont keep showing them ads on facebook about that topic. 

But i also want to allow the client, if weeks later they become active 5 times again they go back into the flow and start receiving ads again. 

Unfortunately this would not work. In order to remove a profile from the segment, you would need to add a profile property in your flow that would make the customer no longer meet the conditions of the segment . You can add profile properties in a flow, but now they no longer meet the conditions to re-enter the segment. There is currently no automated way to remove a profile property once it has been added to a profile. 

1 - Is there a way to exclude someone from the flow after it has ended, so that facebook excludes those people, and also allowing them back on if they fulfil the same requirements.

You can add a flow filter to a metric triggered flow (active on site) with the condition: 

This will limit limit how frequently they move through the flow. However we cannot control the delivery/display settings of your Facebook ads for the reason I gave above. So there are ways for us to control the flow the way you want to but unfortunately not with Facebook ads. 

Hope this helped answer your questions! Thanks again for being part of the Klaviyo Community!