Solved

How to connect and trigger flows with separate time intervals

• 18 February 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge

I've created segments for each product category we have and now want to start the following three (3) flow sequences for each segment that start when someone places an order for a product in a particular segment.

I'm struggling with which triggers to use for starting each flow and how to connect each flow when one ends and another begins. The three flow sequences look like this:

• From 0-30 days after order (the customer will receive a custom flow of 4 weekly emails)
    Trigger used, but uncertain if this is correct: Trigger → added to segment (product X) → Profile Filter: Placed order at least once since starting this flow 

• From 31-60 days after the order (the same customer will receive a custom flow of 2 weekly emails)
    Trigger used, but uncertain if this is correct: Trigger → added to segment (product X) → Profile Filter: Not sure which filter to use to transfer the user from the previous flow to this flow

• From 61 - 365 days after the order (the same customer will receive a custom flow of 1 weekly email)
    Apart from the time interval, I assume this would be the same trigger and filter as the previous flow above, or am I wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help.
icon

Best answer by BizLightYear 27 February 2024, 13:28

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi there @BizLightYear

Welcome to the Community! Happy to help, I have a few questions before we get started! 

Do you mind sharing what the goal is of these three flows and pushing these customers into each as they get farther away from their purchase date? What do you want the weekly messaging in each of these flows to entail? Additionally, while you could create segment-triggered flow, I’d suggest attach flow filters to these flows instead that include the product category an order was placed in! 

Answers to these questions can help identify the best solution moving forward! 

Thanks for participating in the Community, 

Taylor 

Badge

Hi Taylor,

Thank you for your reply. In the meantime I managed to find a more simplified solution using an “Evergreen” flow:

Based on what I described I want these profiles to be entered into a single flow, 'Evergreen', once they have completed one of the mentioned flows. In order to achieve this, I would need to create all the flows that I would like to enter into the 'Evergreen' flow and then create a Segment to pull in the profiles who have received the last message in each individual flow. I would want to use this definition for the Segment and include the Flow ID for the last message in each flow to ensure that the profile has gone through the whole flow:

?name=Screenshot+2024-02-20+at+10.03.48%E2%80%AFAM.png

Once I have created this Segment, I can then create the 'Evergreen' flow that is triggered by the Segment. 

Badge

It's great that you're looking to set up different time intervals for your flows. Can I ask what you're hoping to achieve with this setup? Are you trying to space out communication with your customers, or are you trying to target them at specific times?

Badge

I want to space them out communication with or customers over a certain period of time.