Skip to main content
Solved

How to create a loop in welcome flow serie

• 17 June 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi guys,

I wonder how can i create a loop in my welcome flow. My promo code is a lifetime effective and i want to do like : if no order, send this mail every 30 days.

And, while there is no order, or unscribe, the mail continue to be sending evry 30 days.

Do you know how this is possible ?

Thanks a lot for you help

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +26

Hello @Mathieu Malige You can create a segment something like this

This will have all customer how have not ordered in last 30 days.

Use this segment as trigger and whenever someone is added to this segment send them an email.

Badge +2

Hi @Maxbuzz

Thanks for you answer.

I’m agree with you, but your recommandation is not an automation, it’s required to manual set-up for each mail.

I was more thinking to a loop, while my prospects are not placed order or unscribe continue to send an email on every 15th of month.

It’s unpossible to do that ? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +23

Hi @Mathieu Malige,

I think @Maxbuzz is suggesting you use a flow, which is an automation. Using the segment as a trigger, the same email is sent to each subscriber in the segment. Here is an article about getting started with flows.

The problem I’m trying to solve is how to continue sending the email to those who haven’t purchased after the NEXT 30 days, which would be 60 days total – these customers would still qualify for the original segment, and would not enter the flow again until 30 days after their next purchase – even if their next purchase is several months from now.

So here’s my solution: create a conditional split 30 days after the original email, with the split being: Has placed 0 orders in the past 30 days. (might also be: Has ordered 0 products in the past 30 days - depending on your integration) Then clone the original email and send to subscribers who go down the “yes” path. You can continue this pattern in the flow, so that it automatically sends to subscribers who haven’t purchased in 90, 120, 150, etc. days. Note that the emails would not be sent on the same day every month, as the trigger will continue to pull in subscribers every day, once it has been 30 days since their last purchase. Here is a screen shot of what I am suggesting:

Flow example

Is there a point at which you would stop sending the emails? For example, if a subscriber doesn’t make a purchase after 12 months? Because, unfortunately, this flow could continue on forever, and that might not be ideal.

The other idea I have is to send the email as a campaign, and just clone it each month. You can send to the same segment each month, as it would have everyone who had not ordered in the past 30+ days. However, this is more manual.

Best of luck, let me know if you have further questions.