Solved

How to create a product information email flow for separate products?

• 30 July 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Hi,

I’m trying to create a flow which sends new customers an email containing information about the product they have bought. 

Would a flow like this be the correct way to implement this?

If this is the correct way, I do have some questions about the configuration

• Do I pick “ProductNames” or “ItemNames”, or does it not matter?
  • For the “Type:”, should I put “Text” or “List”? or does it not matter again?

Also, should Flow Filter in the Trigger at the start be “Since this flow began”?

Thanks in advance for any answers

icon

Best answer by David To 30 July 2021, 21:39

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @ArchieCourt,

Thanks for sharing your question with the Klaviyo Community!

Your flow certainly does appear to be accurately targeting specific products to provide your customers with a follow up email based on the product purchased. 

The use of either “ProductNames” or “ItemNames” as your identifier for your trigger split definition is up to you. Similarly, for the data type it would depend on which “ProductNames” or “ItemNames” identifier you were using as the use of either “Text” or “List” depends on the data type of the property. 

As far as the flow filter you have, it would highly depend on your goal. By using the “Since this flow began” aspect would remove any customers going through the flow who has placed a subsequent purchase. I would however, recommend not using your existing “Placed Order Zero times overall time” flow filter since your flow is already currently trigger by the Placed Order event, using the existing flow filter would actually cause no one to enter the flow as the only ones eligible for the flow at this time would be those use who have never triggered a Placed Order event. 

I’ve also included other resources that may help you further understand creating product targeted flows and how flow filters work below:

I hope this helps!

David

Badge +2

Hello @ArchieCourt,

Thanks for sharing your question with the Klaviyo Community!

Your flow certainly does appear to be accurately targeting specific products to provide your customers with a follow up email based on the product purchased. 

The use of either “ProductNames” or “ItemNames” as your identifier for your trigger split definition is up to you. Similarly, for the data type it would depend on which “ProductNames” or “ItemNames” identifier you were using as the use of either “Text” or “List” depends on the data type of the property. 

As far as the flow filter you have, it would highly depend on your goal. By using the “Since this flow began” aspect would remove any customers going through the flow who has placed a subsequent purchase. I would however, recommend not using your existing “Placed Order Zero times overall time” flow filter since your flow is already currently trigger by the Placed Order event, using the existing flow filter would actually cause no one to enter the flow as the only ones eligible for the flow at this time would be those use who have never triggered a Placed Order event. 

I’ve also included other resources that may help you further understand creating product targeted flows and how flow filters work below:

I hope this helps!

David

The perfect response! Thanks a lot David!