Solved

HOW TO CREATE PRODUCT FEED FOR A THIRD PARTY INTERGRATION (SHOPBASE)?

• 2 December 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Hi,

I’m trying to figure it out how to set up product feed through Shopbase - I had intergrated it by API.

As I can see, it is not set up default for this platform.

So I need someone can assist me in setting it up step by step?

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 2 December 2021, 21:34

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @Quinnthe Queens

Thanks for sharing your question with us! 

Yes, you are correct, Shopbase isn’t a default integration, however, we are definitely able to sync with your product feed via API as a custom catalog source. You will need to do some legwork on your side of the process and then reach out to our awesome Support team to enable the feed to be pulled into your email templates. Let’s dive into it! 

In order to sync the catalog feed, your feed will need to meet the following requirements: 

• The catalog is a public, hosted feed of all the items in your catalog

• If you do not have your own feed hosting location, you can use a service such as Google Merchant feeds

• The feed is in JSON or XML.

• The data in the feed is only one node deep, not nested JSON or XML (unless it is hosted on Google Merchant Feeds).

• The size of any one feed file should not exceed 100 MB; for optimal performance, we recommend each feed file not exceed 50 MB. If your file exceeds this amount, please split the feed into multiple files. All files used as sources will feed into the same catalog in Klaviyo.

• Required fields must not be left blank. For unavailable numeric fields, pass a zero (0), and for unavailable text fields, pass something indicating this such as “n/a” or “unavailable”.

• If your feed is hosted with a caching layer, disable caching for the location where the feed is hosted or refresh this cache when the feed is updated. Otherwise, Klaviyo will only pull updated data for the feed items after the cache is refreshed.

If you find you meet the previous criteria, then you can follow our Help Center documentation on Creating a Custom Catalog Content. The process of setting up a custom product feed within Klaviyo, end-to-end, typically takes less than 30 minutes. 

As you read the linked documentation, please take note of the following:

• The first step is to sync your custom catalog to Klaviyo; you will be asked to specify a URL to fetch products from.

• There are certain required fields for each catalog item, as well as some optional but recommended fields, so you can maximize the use of your catalog in Klaviyo. If you are setting this Catalog up for Back in Stock purposes, then you will need to use the $inventory_quantity field.

• If your catalog will have more than 1 million items, please let us know beforehand so that we can take some additional steps on our end to optimize for ingesting the larger feed.

After these steps, contact support, as mentioned, so they can configure your product mapping. This will enable you to use Product blocks in your template that will pull from your custom feed. You will need to provide them with the name of the API metric within your account that you would like to use for personalized recommendations (this must be a single-item metric passed into Klaviyo via API, such as ‘Viewed Product’ or  ‘Ordered Product’).

Thanks for participating it the Community!

-Taylor