Solved

How to Get Existing Subscribers into a New Flow?

• 8 June 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Hi everyone,

I recently started a new flow that's tied to a list that already had subscribers. It seems that only the new subscribers who join the list are going through the flow. I need a way to ensure that all subscribers on the list, including those who were already there, receive these flow emails.

Here's what I've considered so far:

1. Creating a Segment: One possibility is to create a segment of subscribers who were on the list before the flow started. I could then manually send them the same flow of emails via a campaign. However, I'd prefer to keep things automated if at all possible.
  1. Reimporting the List: I'm also thinking about exporting the list of people who joined before the flow started and then reimporting them to the list. This might let them go through the flow again, but I'm not even sure if this can be done. I also have concerns that this could interfere with my metrics. Usually, flow emails perform better than campaign emails since they're trigger-based. If the flow statistics include a bunch of subscribers who joined a while ago, the results might resemble those of a campaign instead.

If I want to keep things automated and avoid manually sending out emails, would reimporting the list actually work? Or is there another method to ensure people who joined the list before the flow started receive these emails?

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by In the Inbox 8 June 2023, 17:05

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +29

Hi @PAC1996 

Thank you for posting your question in the community! 

To trigger someone who is already on a list into a list-triggered flow is to use the Klaviyo back populate function. This allows you to choose who and when subscribers can be triggered into a flow when retroactively sending people into a flow. 

This Klaviyo Article walks through how Back Populating Works for List-Based Flows:

https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002779231#schedule-relative-to-when-you-back-populate5

Keep in mind, List-based and Segment-based flows only allow a contact to receive those messages once.

I hope this helps! Please let us know if you have any other questions!

@In the Inbox