Solved

How to keep a sign up form link active but not embedded in the website

• 6 April 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hello! I’ve got a question regarding a sign-up form I created.

A while ago, I created a full-screen sign-up form (no discount offered) meant for people who came to my website. However, I’ve since created a pop-up form (with discount offer) and removed the other one.

Now, this is where I need help: I find I could use the first form in my Post-Purchase Thank You Flow to ask people to subscribe using a link, but am not sure how I could do that and *not* add it to my website again (I don’t want two subscription requests at once on the website!)

Am I making sense? How can I recycle the form I’m no longer using on the website and use it on my post-purchase emails?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Spark Bridge Digital LLC 6 April 2023, 18:57

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +31

Hey there!

If you are looking to get an audience opted-into your communications without having two pop-ups appear at once what you could do is turn your non-discount pop-up into an embedded form instead and place it on a dedicated landing page.

That way you could tell your other discount pop-up to not appear on this specific landing page.

You’d then have a dedicated ‘hidden’ page and form for your specific audience.

You’ll find most of the settings here in the behavior section of the form settings to show/hide:

Or if I’m misunderstanding how you’d like to use these, just let me know! Happy to help.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Thanks for answering, @Spark Bridge Digital LLC ! 

I’m not sure I understood this 100%. My non-discount form is already showing as a full page subscription request, but it did have a pop-up banner to link to it, which showed up on my website (and interfered with the discount pop-up, which I’m happy to keep instead of the former).
I therefore disabled the non-discount, but would like to use it, and your suggestion to use it on a dedicated landing page seems great (thanks!)

How would I turn the non-discount into an embedded form? Does simply copying the link work?

Also: by disabling the non-discount code and showing it only in a separate page, wouldn’t I also have to choose the “don’t show on certain URLs” option? Or am I just being a sleep-deprived silly person right now? 😅