Solved

How to make a flow for daily email?

• 6 July 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

Hello, 

we would like to send daily emails for our customers when they buy a certain product asking for the information we need for the order. It should be a daily email until the order is marked as completed in shopify. I wanted to do this via the conditional split / fullfilled orders but can't get it to work exactly how I want, can anyone tell me how it needs to be done? 

Greetings, 
Van Y

icon

Best answer by David To 6 July 2023, 20:13

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Welcome to the community @Van Y 

This should work for what you want (below). create an additional filter for each message in your flow of “fulfilled order zero times since starting this flow”.

When the customer enters the flow after order placement, they will only keep getting your daily messages until you set the ‘fulfilled order’ flag in Shopify, At that point they will be skipped from any remaining message as they will fail that message filter at each step.

You’ll also need to add a trigger filter to only allow contacts that purchase your specified products to enter the flow. 

Test it first though!

Hope that helps

Andy

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Hey @Van Y ,

How much information and what type are you trying to collect?  Although it wouldn’t be within Klaviyo, there are a lot of tools/apps within Shopify to collect additional information during checkout. 

We’ve seen some pretty in-depth product cusomization apps and also a couple of apps that work based on a quote system which works well too. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Van Y,

@bluesnapper already highlighted the key concept of this. However, instead of using an additional filter for each message in your flow, it would be more efficient to use a flow filter. Doing so would help achieve the same goal, but with less work. 

Flow filters are evaluated at every step of the flow. This means if you used a flow filter of “fulfilled order zero times since starting this flow”, it would be the same thing as adding the same definition as an additional filter to every message in the flow.

I hope this helps!

David

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Duh! Thanks @David To That is a more efficient solution than mine 🙄

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

You still got the core strategy and method down right, @bluesnapper! In fact, I’ve actually seen the additional filter method used on countless occasions. It’s also really helpful if you wanted to be more specific or targeted in your approach too. I.E. instead of using a broad “fulfilled order” additional filter, you can use “partial fulfilled order where product equals X”. This is great if you know you have products that have a long turnaround time.