Solved

How to preference a flow over other flows

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hello Klaviyo community,

I’d have 3 flows. 

1. New Subscriber Flow - for anyone who signs up to my mailing list (incentive offered)
  2. Welcome Flow - for anyone who makes a purchase to introduce them to our brand story and our various collections
  3. Abandoned Cart Flow - for anyone who starts checkout but doesn’t complete the purchase.

If someone signs up to get the opt-in incentive and clicks the shop now button from the first e-mail in the new subscriber flow but abandons their shopping at checkout.

I’d like to stop the new subscriber flow and prioritize the abandoned cart flow as it shows higher purchase intent. 

I’ve searched the help centre with keywords prioritizing a flow and preferencing a flow with no conclusive search results. 

Could anyone help me by letting me know how to achieve this? 

Would appreciate any help.

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by In the Inbox 9 March 2023, 15:26

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

Add a flow filter to your Abandoned Cart for the contact to have NOT received an email in your Welcome series since starting the abandoned cart flow.

Although, I haven’t tested this so I know the theory is correct. You might just need to play around with the “since starting this flow” or “within the last X days” or some of those other metrics.

Userlevel 7
Badge +29

Hi @smileyrox 

In addition to @DavidSandel an other similar approach would be to add a flow filter to the New Subscriber Flow that will suppress people from receive any additional messages in that flow if they start an abandoned cart flow. 

For example:

If this is configured as a flow filter, only users who have not started a checkout will continue to receive your New Subscriber Welcome. 

I think either approach will work but a couple of ways to go about it! 

I hope this helps!

@In the Inbox