Solved

How to prevent certain dynamic products from being displayed

• 25 March 2024
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hey Team ! I hope you’re doing good. :)

For my client, I have a problem with my email sequences and especially the dynamic content.

My client owns a jewelry workshop.

In addition to jewelry, they offer to engrave jewelry.

Of course, on Klaviyo, this is considered an additional product.

The problem is that it's not a real product, so it displays an ugly image that doesn't look like engraving.

I'd like to know if it's possible to prevent certain dynamic products from being displayed in order to avoid this.

In the dynamic code, can I do something like : “if product equals : itemXXX, then, show the next one”.

Thank you very much for your help.

Steve

icon

Best answer by annasophiefc 25 March 2024, 17:34

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi @Steve0603 

Thank you for posting in the Community!

You should be able to do this when editing/setting up the product feed. Depending on your integration, you might also have stock level, price range and other filters available. Simply press “Add filter” to explore your options as shown below:

I hope this helps!

Kind regards,

Anna Sophie

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Thanks for you answer @annasophiefc 

I can’t find “Add filter” ???

But this work foir the dynamic content, but how can it work with abandoned cart email ?

Because I wanna display only 1 item of the cart, so if that wrong “product’ is chosen first, I want to be able to show the next one.

I hope i’m being clear.

Thanks a lot

Steve

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

For the dynamic content, you can setup up a code that cancels the picture, price and item name (should be placed on both the dynamic image and the additional text prodvided) like this: 

{% if item.name != 'INSERT ITEM NAME' %}

{% catalog item.sku %}

{{ catalog_item.title }}

{% currency_format catalog_item.metadata|lookup:"$price"|floatformat:2 %}

{% endcatalog %}

{% endif %}

The above is based on a custom catalog, but you can pull it and adapt it to the syntax of your abandoned basket.

The add filter is accessible under “Products” → “Product feed” → Then choose or create a new product field and then in the bottom, when you have chosen a category to show, you can also choose to exclude a category. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

@annasophiefc thanks a lot.

But now, can I exclude it from the abandoned cart repeating bloc ?

Because, again, I want to display only one item but if it happens to be this one, I want to display the next one.

Thanks

Steve

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Yes, then it is a different approach. However in order to pull the second item in the basket, there has to be one.

This tutorial might be useful to you: 

Something like this:

{% if event.ItemNames == 'INSERT ITEM NAME' %}

{{ event.ItemNames.1 }} (this is nr. 2 in the list of items in the basket)

{% else %}

{{ event.ItemNames.0 }} (this is the first item in the basket and not ^^)

{% currency_format catalog_item.metadata|lookup:"$price"|floatformat:2 %} 

{% endif %}

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

I’m sorry to make you loose your time but it’s too technical for me, I’m lost now…

I’ll figure it out

Thanks

Steve

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

No worries, @Steve0603. I understand that this is challenging. Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you :-)

Have a nice day!

Badge +4

@Steve0603 check out this article from Route, it should be pretty easy to swap for the custom engraving.

How do I exclude Route from Klaviyo?