Solved

How to prevent duplicate Abandon Checkout Flows

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

We have an issue where a customer is able to enter the abandoned checkout flow (btw - Klaviyo calls this flow the Abandonded Cart Flow) multiple times. We are not entirely sure how this is happening, but we think the customer is going back into their cart, making edits, and then attempting to checkout with different products or different quantities. . 

To fix the issue we added the “Has not been in flow in the last 7 days” to our flow filter.  So now our triggers and filters look like this:

We contacted Klaviyo support to confirm this was the correct fix, and the support agent advised us that we could remove the “Has not been in flow in the last 7 days” and replace it with “Checkout Started zero times since starting this flow”.  So it would look like this:

So… my question for the Klaviyo Community is.. Which is the correct/preferred method?  

Thank you,

Mark

icon

Best answer by alex.hong 10 May 2022, 08:47

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi there @motionrc,

Welcome and thanks for sharing to the Community!

As stated in our Help Center doc, both filters work and provide different results for limiting customers entering. I would also recommend reading this Community post:

Hope these and your Support ticket helped!
Alex

Badge +1

Hi Klaviyo Community, Ok I see many questions here on abandon cart emails, but we need help here. We do not have a standard “Shopify or woocommerce” integration but a custom one. 

1. I am building an Abandon Cart Email based on these Triggers and Filters.

1. Ours is a bit more manual as we update our Shipstation integration everyday. This creates and event in Klaviyo “Order awaiting shipment”, this is basically us knowing that this customer has placed an order. 
  2. If I understand the Flow filer correctly in how it’s programmed, it says to only send to people that does not have an order awaiting shipment event, because it is set to ZERo times correct? 
  3. I went on to the preview, my question is, is the preview data displaying people that meet the filer criteria or do I need to switch it on and monitor after? 
  4. Here are a few examples of this flow of people getting emails but they have the “Order awaiting shipment event” meaning they have placed an order, it SHOULD not send to these people? 

Here is a Preview flow example

Here is her profile summary:

She should NOT get the email correct?

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @NickB,

If I understand the Flow filer correctly in how it’s programmed, it says to only send to people that does not have an order awaiting shipment event, because it is set to ZERo times correct? 

You are correct. The Flow Filter you have will check that only people who have not received the awaiting shipment event at the start of the flow will enter. However, I can see that it could be possible that between the two Started Checkout events, this person could enter for the first instance. 

I went on to the preview, my question is, is the preview data displaying people that meet the filer criteria or do I need to switch it on and monitor after? 

You can test abandoned cart flows with a profile and this should show in their profile data. 

Here are a few examples of this flow of people getting emails but they have the “Order awaiting shipment event” meaning they have placed an order, it SHOULD not send to these people? 

Correct, since they placed an order after starting checkout they should not receive an abandoned cart flow.

Thanks!
Alex