Solved

How to send a link to an old campaign?

• 3 September 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

Hello, 

I would like to share links to previously sent email campaigns on my website. Is this an option? If so, where in Klaviyo can I fetch the links? Thanks so much! 

icon

Best answer by retention 4 September 2021, 04:15

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +57

@fcp2021 - Welcome to the community! So, there is technically a way to get a “link” to an old campaign.  But it’s a bit tricky, and it may have some personalization issues.  Let me explain:

In the Email Template of your campaigns, you can add this template variable called “Web View” by using this tag: {% web_view %} You can learn more about these variables here:  

Here’s an example of what I mean:

When a recipient gets an email, that variable will generate a “link” to a Web Browser version of the email. That “link” is technically intended for the recipient - so just be careful of using it more broadly (example - the unsubscribe link, preferences, and any personalization intended for the email). 

Now, this is a bit of a tedious process, but if you have not been using that template variable up until now, you may have to clone those past Campaigns, add in that variable, and maybe send it to a List (that includes only yourself). Then you can copy/paste those links and get them one by one. 

Hope this works for you!

Badge

Hi, I have been trying to share campaigns to our partners and these links aren’t working as they require a Klaviyo login. Is there a work around for this?

Thanks,

Eliza

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @ElizaPearce,

Thanks for sharing your question here.

In addition to the great information included in @retention’s reply, once you have the web view link, you can put it in this share link generator: http://www.sharelinkgenerator.com/. This will provide you with the share URL to share publicly. 

Also, if you have not applied a web view tab in your past campaigns, you cannot edit those emails that are already sent to customers. However, if you clone the previously sent campaign and then save the cloned campaign email as a template, you can add the web view tag to the clone, and then send yourself a 'Live' email so you can retrieve a web view link for the generator. Here is an article that goes over on how to Email a Single Person Using Klaviyo.

Thanks for being a community member.

Badge

Hi DD,

Thanks for sharing that share link generator with me but it is still not working. To view the link (whether shared to FB or Twitter) still requires a Klaviyo login to view the campaign. I need to send my campaigns to partners for their records and can’t set every single one of them up with a Klaviyo login just to view past campaigns, it is not feasible.

Is there any other way I can share a link to a past campaign without requiring a Klaviyo login?

Thanks,

Eliza

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @ElizaPearce,

Once you have the webview link, you can convert it into a PDF file and share that. This will help you save the URL as a PDF: https://webpagetopdf.com/.

Thanks for being a member of our community.