How to send mail for a specific product upselling when somebody ordered another specific product?

• 20 March 2024
  • 8 replies

Badge +1

Good morning to everyone,

I am looking for a specific flow in which we will send mail after 30min/40min when a customer bought a specific product (X) but not another specific product (Y). 

In the mail sent after the trigger, we will send upselling items (different variants of Y product).

Does somebody know how to do that?

Best regards,

Giulio 

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Welcome to the community @gierre18 

In your Placed order triggered flow, you add a trigger split with ‘Items contains product X’ AND ‘Items doesn’t contain product Y’. The YES branch (both conditions are true) is where you want to add your time delay and cross-sell emails. 

See the example below for Shopify. Add your product names to the dimension value fields.

Alternatively, if you want a separate flow just for this cross-sell, create a new placed order triggered flow and use the same filter but as the event trigger filter,

Does that answer your question?

Regards

Andy

Badge +1

Hi @bluesnapper ,

many thanks for your quick reply.

What if I want to add an entire list of products? Because I would like this flow to be active for all the customers that ordered X1, X2, X3,X4,X5,X6,etc. but not Y1,Y2,Y3..

How can I do that?

P.S. Please note that we use Shopware 6.5 as CMS.

Best regards,

Giulio

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @gierre18 

Unfortunately, I don’t have any experience with Shopware.

You could try amending the above to ‘Items contains product X1’ OR ‘Items contains product X2’ etc...AND ‘Items doesn’t contain product Y2’ AND ‘Items doesn’t contain product Y2’

The X products condition will be true if ANY of the X products are in the order AND the Y products condition will be true if NONE of the Y products are in the order. Meeting both those conditions will pass.

However, an easier approach if you can create collections/categories, might be to create one containing the X products and one containing the Y products. Then the conditions would be  ‘categories contains X products category’ AND ‘categories doesn’t contain Y products category’. Or possibly approach it using product tags to select the products if that option is available on Shopware.

I always recommend testing and initially setting the flow to manual to make sure all is OK!

Let me know how you get on.

Regards

Andy

Badge +1

Hi @bluesnapper ,

thanks again for your answer!

Can you please tell how to create a collection/category?

Thanks

Giulio

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @gierre18 

I can, but only for Shopify/WooC!

However, some Shopware docs here: https://docs.shopware.com/en/shopware-6-en/catalogues/categories

You can create a collection/category in Shopify/WooC without adding it to the site navigation. Hopefully, Shopware is the same as you don’t want your new categories to appear in the nav.

Hope that helps

Regards

Andy

Badge +1

So there’s no way to add all the products that have SKU that contains “PD01SAM” for example?

I think my way should be easier but I could not find how to do it in Klaviyo!

Badge +1

Hi everyone,

so there is no way to do what I asked for?

Thanks

Giulio

Badge +1

Hi to everyone,

can you please help me with that?

Best regards