Solved

How to set up an Abandoned Cart flow when there is no customer email address/ID

• 21 June 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Hi there,

How can I set up an Abandoned Cart flow where the customer has added items to their cart and have left the website without providing email address?  So they have not yet proceeded to the Checkout.

I have read various threads but cannot find an answer specific to my question.

We are using Klaviyo and Neto.

Many thanks

Sue

icon

Best answer by Dov 21 June 2021, 17:18

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hello @Sales@AHB,

Thanks for sharing your question with the Klaviyo Community.

We cannot send emails without having a unique identifier (email address or ID) associated with the profile because this is the basis for how a profile is created in Klaviyo. However, Klaviyo uses cookies to track user’s activity for on-site activity events, for example, the Viewed Product event.

From what you’re describing, it sounds like you’re looking for Klaviyo’s Added to Cart metric which is logged when a user simply adds an item to their cart. It is not a default Klaviyo metric, so it requires adding an additional snippet of code. We have a great guide on getting this set-up for Shopify as well as BigCommerce.

I recommend reviewing the post below if you run into any trouble along the way as it contains some great troubleshooting steps as well as a comprehensive list of items to check that the snippet is working correctly.

Additionally, we have a default Abandoned Cart flow you can use which triggers off of this Added to Cart metric. 

Thanks and have a wonderful day.