Solved

How to set up flow filters for 48hr and 24hr left for coupon code

• 1 November 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi dear community!

I am setting up a “winback” flow for my welcome flow. So in short, I give everyone that opts in for the Welcome flow a discount code. This discount is dynamic and will stop work after 19 days. 

What I need to do is set up a seperate flow that only triggers for those who have not used the coupon. The first message should be a 48hr warning that the code is going to perish, then also one at the 24hr mark. For now I have placed the following flow filters:

• Is in welcome flow and was added at least 17 days ago.
  • Placed order zero times in the last 17 days ago where discout code contains “NAMEOFCOUPON”

Have I done it the right way? I only wish for people to be triggered by the flow once in their lifetime and also that it will only be seen by those who have 48hr and 24hr left for their discount codes. 

I wish you all the best, Saman

icon

Best answer by In the Inbox 1 November 2023, 15:35

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +29

Hi @SamanSaffari 

Thank you for posting your question in the community! 

How would you trigger customers into the second flow? My initial thought is to keep all of the messages in the same welcome flow and setting additional filters on the actual message step to exclude anyone who has purchased using the coupon code.

This way, everyone enters the flow based on the same opt-in, but as people purchase, you can exclude them from the subsequent messages scheduled later in the flow.

I think if you try and create two different flows, the filtering between the flows will be more tricky.

Here’s my recommendation:

For the “Winback” specific emails, for the first email, you would schedule it to be 17-days from the original opt-in trigger. Within the message step, you would then add the conditions of looking for a placed order in the last 17 days where discount = NAMEOFCOUPON. 

But, to ensure people receive the message if they have NOT made a purchase using the code, you would configure the filter similar to:

I hope this helps! If you have any additional questions, please don’t hesitate to let us know!

Good Luck,

@In the Inbox 

Badge

Hi Bryan!

Thank you for your response, great things to keep in mind. 

The thing with this brand is that we maximize segmentation. The products are very informational and needs education + the messages we send out are all very personal.

In the original welcome flow we send 6 emails. The first conditional split is whether they are non-buyer or buyer. The flow filter is if someone placed order zero times since starting this flow, checkout started zero times since starting this flow. 

A lot of marketers would not recommend the second filter. However we have used this technique before and it shows really good personalization in our messages and shown great results in CLV.

So basically in our abandoned checkout flow we have splited whether you where added in the welcome flow in x amount of days (see picture). If no that means you could have been added via another list or that you were added after the time frame and you will go through the basic flow setup with 4 emails.

However, for those who are within that time frame and the rules appeal, we segment very much.

I have great knowledge and experience from CRM and with this techniche we send emails based on their customer journeys. The easiest way to explain this is that we try to fill in the gaps from what customer 1 and customer 2 have read and opened. Some customers goes to checkout directly and for some you’ll need to send 4-5 emails until they do. But the information and content is very good in all these welcome emails → so lets say customer 1 just opened the first email, went straight to checkout and didn’t purchase. A lot of brands would send abandoned checkout emails as well as smart send the welcome emails. We do not do this. 

Instead we segment based on customer journey and try to give the same value to each and every customer but with a more personlized message. This also gives you better deliverbility because you send emails and value when they need it and not only because we “automate” it.

So in basic terms, some will open for example 3 emails in the welcome flow but will get the rest of the information through the abandoned checkout flow but with another type of tone of message based on where they are in the customer journey - in this case the customer is very warm and close to that purchase so we need to twist the information based on that.

Here is an example of how it can look like:

it may look crazy and too much, but this works :)

I hope I didn’t make you sleep haha! This is why I can’t put the “48hr and 24hr” emails in the same flow and needs to be separate :( Hope it helped!