Skip to main content
Solved

How To Set Up Internal Notifications for New Purchases by Existing Customers?

• 13 June 2024
  • 1 reply

Hello everyone!

My brain is on overload: one of my clients with a Shopify store wants to receive an email (internal notification) every time an existing customer buys a new product. I've tried setting up a manual Flow and creating a segment for existing customers, but I'm struggling to figure out how to trigger Klaviyo when a customer purchases a product they haven't bought before. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @mikey99 

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community!

Unfortunately you currently cannot use event data for an internal alert. So we wouldn’t be able to send an internal alert based on a “new product” a customer has bought but has not purchased before.  I will share this request with our product team. They definitely move fast (over 300 updates last year and on track to surpass that this year!) but can’t guarantee this will be added to the roadmap. 

Im not sure how their account is setup, but I’m wondering if its possible to setup up a post purchase flow triggered by a segment of customers who purchased an item for the first time and either CC or BCC the internal teams on the first email in the flow to alert them? You could customize the customers experience whenever they buy something new they receive instruction on how to care for or treat their new purchase, as well as get an internal email that this event has happened. This might be super tricky and might take a lot of work to setup depending on how many products your client offers, but could potentially meet their needs until something better is available. 

Hope this helps!