Solved

How to setup proper winback flow for my segmentations?

• 21 February 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi there, I am trying to setup a winback flow for this customer segmentation as per suggested in Klaviyo’s advanced segmentation guide. We are integrated with Woocommerce.

I’ve setup the flow to be as below:

Trigger: People will enter this flow when they Placed Order

Flow Filters:

Placed Order zero times since starting this flow
AND Placed Order at least once over all time
AND Placed Order zero times in the last 180 days
AND Received Email is at least 2 in the last 90 days
AND Opened Email zero times in the last 90 days
AND Person is not suppressed for email

May I know if I have setup the flow correctly to trigger it? This is because I do not know whether the filters of Placed order zero times since starting this flow will contradict with AND Placed Order at least once over all time, or it might even contradict with AND Placed Order zero times in the last 180 days.

Another confusion that I have in mind is, the Time Delay should be set as 180 days correct? or is it 90 days? 

Appreciate the advice as I am still new to this, thanks a lot!

icon

Best answer by Brian Turcotte 21 February 2023, 18:38

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @Darren C and welcome to the Community!

For starters, heres our guide on creating winback flows if you haven’t already seen it:

In this article, it does recommend to include the Placed Order metric as the trigger with the flow filter “Placed Order zero times since starting this flow”. This ensures that the user will exit the flow if they place an order before the next step.

Typically, you would not need to include the additional filters, for these reasons:

• AND Placed Order at least once over all time is redundant because the profile will only enter the flow if they’ve placed an order, due to the Placed Order trigger.
  • AND Placed Order zero times in the last 180 days may be redundant because the winback flow already includes a time delay:
    • The idea is this: A user places an order > they enter the flow > they don’t place an order in the span of the time delay > they receive an email. If they do place an order during the span of the time delay, they are exited from the flow. 
    • 180 days is the standard, but you can adjust if you feel it suits your business needs. Here are some great Community threads discussing winback strategies for businesses of different sizes:

I hope this helps get you started, and thanks for using the Community!

- Brian

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hey Brian,

Thanks a lot for the input! Truly appreciate for the help