Skip to main content
Solved

How to trigger a flow for new customer accounts that are added manually on Shopify

• 13 June 2024
  • 1 reply

Hello! I was wondering how I would set up a flow for new customer account added into Shopify. I can’t seem to find a good solution for this. My only idea would be is to set the trigger to “Ordered product” and set a profile filter to being “Historic Number Of Orders is at most 1”

More specifically, when we manually create a new customer in the admin panel, this is when we want the new account email to send. Is there a better way to set up a New Customer Account Flow?

If you have any more involving this situation please let me know! 

Thanks!

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @BeGood 

Welcome to the community, happy to help!

I have a couple of questions for you first. Are you collecting marketing consent from the customers, if so how are you collecting it? Where are your customers primarily based? Each country has their own regulations on how you are allowed to market to them. As profiles are being added how are they being added to a list in Klaviyo, signup form or CSV file upload? What kind of flow are you trying to setup, ie Welcome Series?

There are a number of ways of setting this up but will be determined by your business and goals for the flow. I’ll be on the lookout for your response!