Solved

How to trigger a flow when customer submits contact form on Shopify?

• 26 February 2021
  • 9 replies

Badge +2

Hello Community!!

We are on Shopify. As part of our sales process, our customers submit an inquiry form on our website with some information we required to initiate the process. We want to trigger a flow, once the customer submits the contact form to send them the first email to schedule a consultation meeting and then a series of emails after the appointment is booked. How can we trigger a flow with that action? I can't find that option in de default triggers from the Shopify integration?

Thanks a lot,
Ronald

icon

Best answer by Paul S 8 March 2021, 01:27

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +41

@Ronaldgto 

The most important question here is is this form klaviyo form that is on your store or is it not klaviyo form?

If it is klaviyo form than this should be simple, klaviyo forms are always set to subscribe people to specific list so you can use that list as the trigger for the flow. When someone subscribe to the form, they will also subscribe to a list, and with that they will start a flow triggered by that list.

What if this is general list and also other people are subscribing to it? In this case you can set flow filter this flow emails to be sent only to people for who property $source is that specific form.

But in case this form is not a klaviyo sign up form than this will be a bit harder.. You will have to manually connect the form to some list in your klaviyo account and than same as above use that list to start the flow.

Other solution may be creating a Custom metric that will populate when people subscribe to your website form, but for this I can’t help much and you will need a developer to develop a custom metric for it..

Badge +2

Thanks a lot for the info @Bobi N. Right now I'm using our own form, I can change it to a Klaviyo form to make things easier. Hiwever,  my only question would be, can I customize Klaviyo’s form to collect more info from the customer besides the email? Because we are not collecting just email in the form, but other input we need to start the process, like: event date, Name and Last Name, Phone Number, Budget, etc.

I’m new at Klaviyo and Maybe this is pretty simple to modify, but so far I can see subscribe form from klaviyo collects only the email. Probably I’m totally wrong.

Thanks a lot

Userlevel 7
Badge +41

@Ronaldgto 

When you create form in klaviyo you have simple drag and drop builder as for the emails.. you will see options that you will be able to add like buttons input fields date fields I guess you can find there everything you need

Badge +2

Thanks a lot, @Bobi N. I just created the new form in Klaviyo, pretty easy. I just have a last question. is it possible to add a ReCaptcha directly in the form? when using Shopify's default ReCaptcha, after submit the customer is redirected to a second page with the ReCaptcha. we would like to have it on the same page as the form.

Thanks a lot!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +41

@Ronaldgto 

To be honest I don’t know the answer to this. I don’t think this is a possibility but to be sure I would suggest contacting Klaviyo support.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @Ronaldgto and @Bobi N.,

Thanks for posting and following up in community. Just as an FYI, at the moment, our sign up forms do not currently support ReCaptcha. If you wanted to utilize ReCaptcha, this would require utilizing a third party form. This has been added as a request to a product enhancement which could potentially be introduced in the future.  

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@Ronaldgto

When you create form in klaviyo you have simple drag and drop builder as for the emails.. you will see options that you will be able to add like buttons input fields date fields I guess you can find there everything you need

Below are some articles for users that may have a question on how to do this in the future:

Guide to Creating a Signup Form

How to Create and Manage Signup Forms

Overview of the Signup Form Builder

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi! I have my form setup this way right now -- someone submits the form, they subscribe to a list, and that triggers an email. The issue I am having is that if someone submits the form for a second time, they don’t get another email, because they are already in the list. For my use case, it is important that they get an email every time they submit the form. Any thoughts?

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @aereid,

List and segment triggered flows are only meant to be served to your customers once. Due to this, for customers who signup to a form a second time, because these users are already on the list and/or have also received the welcome series flow, it would be expected that they would not enter the flow a consecutive time. 

Metric triggered flows on the other hand will allow your customers to enter the flow as many times as the user triggers the event. To allow your customers to enter a flow for every time they fill out and submit a form, I would suggest creating a custom event that fires when this sort of event occurs. For example, you can custom code an event for “Filled out form” and have a flow triggered off of this event. This would allow your customers who fill out the form to be entered into this flow and receive the experience every time they trigger this “Filled out form” event. To build your own custom events, I would suggest taking a look at the following Help Center Articles pertaining to Klaviyo’s API and how to build these custom events:

Since creating a custom event would be custom work, if you need further assistance, I would suggest working with your developer or finding a Klaviyo partner who help you in this matter. 

Thanks for being a Klaviyo Community member!

David