Skip to main content
Solved

How to use Yes or No Responses in a Flow?

• 24 July 2024
  • 2 replies

Can anyone explain how to set up a flow where a follow-up message is sent when a customer answers "yes" to a yes or no question? I think I've set it up incorrectly using the conditional split details. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2 replies

Badge +6

I'd be happy to help you set up a follow-up message triggered by a "yes" response to a yes or no question in Klaviyo.

To achieve this, you can use a Conditional Split in your Flow. Here’s a step-by-step guide:

1. Create the Flow:

• Go to the Flows tab in Klaviyo and create a new Flow.
    • Choose the trigger for your Flow (e.g., when a customer submits a form, completes a purchase, etc.).
  2. Add the Yes/No Question:

• Insert a message (email or SMS) that includes your yes/no question. Make sure to include a link or button for each response, tagged with the appropriate URL parameters to track the response (e.g., ?response=yes or ?response=no).
  3. Set Up Conditional Split:

• After the yes/no question message, add a Conditional Split.
    • Configure the Conditional Split to evaluate the response. You can use the "Properties about someone" condition and check the URL parameter captured from the link/button click.
    • For example, set the condition to response equals "yes".
  4. Configure Yes Response Path:

• On the Yes path of the Conditional Split, add the follow-up message you want to send when the customer answers "yes".
    • Customize this follow-up message to acknowledge their "yes" response and provide the relevant content or next steps.
  5. Configure No Response Path:

• Optionally, you can configure the No path to send a different message or end the flow if no further action is needed.
  6. Test Your Flow:

• Before activating your Flow, test it to ensure the Conditional Split is working correctly and that the follow-up messages are sent as expected based on the customer's response.

Make sure to carefully track the URL parameters or any other response tracking method you use to ensure accuracy in the Conditional Split evaluation.

I hope this help!

Badge

I’m getting confused on this step. 

“Make sure to include a link or button for each response, tagged with the appropriate URL parameters to track the response (e.g., ?response=yes or ?response=no).”

I can’t seem to find the right way to include a link/button and where to insert those url parameters.