Solved

I want to use a contact form to add a metric to Klaviyo

• 16 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi Community,

I have a marketing flow that is going to target a segment.

The purpose is to get the customers to use a specific contact form on the website. The contact form will send a message to our sales team.

When a customer send their message through the contact form I need it to add a property to klaviyo profiles, which will then stop the flow.

What is the easiest way to achieve this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Tiago

icon

Best answer by Spark Bridge Digital LLC 16 June 2023, 16:51

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +31

Hey @TiagoAtHTM!

The easiest way would be to edit your button settings in the Klaviyo form to pre-fill in a hidden property once submitted!

This is controlled in your button settings of the form (example below) -

Then in your flow, you’ll add a flow filter that is filtering properties about someone - your hidden field name - is not XYZ (or is NOT set).

Once someone has that field filled in or matches your filter exactly, they will then fail the filter and skip the rest of the messages in the flow.

Let me know if you have any questions on that!

Badge +1

Hi, many thanks for your time.

I understand this procedure if I’m using a Klaviyo signup form, but in this case I’m not. I’m using the WP contact form to send the customer message to my sales team. 

If I use a Klaviyo form, will this be able to send the message to my sales team as well?

Many thanks

TIago

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @TiagoAtHTM,

Even using a WP contact form - or any other third-party form - you should able to use the same strategy @Spark Bridge Digital LLC suggested. 

Hidden properties aren’t unique to Klaviyo sign-up forms. This means, similar to a Klaviyo sign-up form, you’ll just need to edit the form to be passing a hidden property. Oftentimes this can be done either through the form builder of the third-party form provider you’re using or even through the form’s HTML. 

David