In a campaign, can i dedicate a logic to a person in particular, specifying the email, not their behavior or other specifics?

• 17 January 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

I’m in the process of setting up my Klaviyo account. I have a mailing list of 1200 contacts to whom i’ve never sent a newsletter. I’m sending out a first campaign to Welcome them and give them a 20% on their first purchases valid for 2 weeks only.

But, i want to exclude a particular client who just purchased a few days ago, and i want to offer her the same discount but valid for a whole year.

Is this possible with Logics, and how?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +37

Welcome to the community @Lara Khoury 

As you only have one contact to whom you want to send the discount that’s valid for one year, the easiest approach is to send two campaigns: one to your 1200 contacts and the other to your single contact.

The sending segment for the 1200 contacts would have a condition ‘doesn’t equal’ for the email property with that single client’s email address to exclude her from that send. The other segment would have a condition ‘equals’ for the email property with that single client’s email address.

Example segment conditions below. Just add her email address to the dimension value.

Hope that helps 

Regards

Andy

1200 sending segment condition

VIP sending segment condition

Badge +1

Thank you very much for your feedback @bluesnapper , much appreciated!

In the Welcome campaign, I’m interested in dedicating a block that will be sent out to my local customers showcasing the local currency, and USD for the clients located in the rest of the world - via logics. But i dont have these sorts of information in my profiles just yet.
Is Klaviyo capable of knowing these information via other sorts of technologies (like GPS, etc..) or this option wont be valid in my case?
And in that case, how would you suggest i gather these information from my current list? I was considering adding a link to my Welcome email allowing the profiles who are interested in staying in touch, to fill in additional information via a link. But dont know how to proceed...