Solved

Incentivising without discount codes

• 7 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +1
  • Contributor I
  • 2 replies

Hi,

Our website sells digital lessons and resources to schools and teachers.
Some of our customer base are unable to use discount codes due to the way our checkout is set up (They bypass the checkout and use net terms to pay). We’ve struggled to find ways to tempt window shoppers into purchasing or engage in our winback flows without the use of a discount code they can use. 
Are there any other methods that we could use to engage these customers?

icon

Best answer by ebusiness pros 7 November 2023, 20:28

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

It is hard to incentivise people without a discount code these days!
Maybe use reviews of your products/services from customers to highlight the value of your product. Or if there’s a particular USP you have that other competitors don’t, it could be your edge.

Userlevel 6
Badge +24

Hi @ABee - welcome to the community!

I’d encourage you to consider what kind of “free trial” content could be given away as an incentive. That could be an optin offer, and one of the ways you could use it is prompting people to try that “free trial” content just before they abandon checkout, the offer can be presented via email as part of a sales nurturing flow that might be tied to the net terms payment method, and many other ways. 

After the offer is taken and the form submitted, you can trigger a flow that delivers the content to them and then further educates them about the other courses/ products you offer, so they feel more confident placing an order at full price. This also gives you an opportunity to showcase different customer reviews like @JamesDonn recommended.

We’ve seen funnels like this work well for our education-product clients. 

Warmly,

Gabrielle

Klaviyo Champion & Marketing Lead at ebusiness pros

Badge +1

@JamesDonn @ebusiness pros Thank you both for your ideas. They’re really helpful. We’ve got some lovely testimonials from schools which use our products which would be great for this kind of nurturing flow. 
I think the free trial idea is also an interesting route to consider as well. I’ll have a think about how this could be integrated into the emails that we send this segment of customers. 

Thank you again for your help.