Skip to main content
Solved

Internet security blocked my email.

• 26 June 2024
  • 1 reply

A customer sent me a message telling me his internet security has blocked my email. I sent this out as one of my usual email campaigns to 1400 customers, how do I now A) That this mail hasnt been blocked by others email security B)Why the email was blocked . I attach a screen shot of what the customer got, the mail was not structured in any way differently to anything else I sent out, no wierd attachments no images etc?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +41

Hi @AislingF 

Klaviyo uses Amazon AWS (cloudfront) to host images. Even if your email does not include images, Klaviyo will insert one: a cloudfront url to a transparent tracking pixel (gif) that determines if the email has been opened.

In your example, ESET Internet security has deemed that the Cloudfront image URL is spammy. I don’t have experience with ESET but I suspect it’s a config. setting. that the organisation’s IT has set so Cloudfront images are blocked. 

As to whether this is an isolated incident, I would look at your campaign stats to see if open rates are lower than expected. 

Hope that helps

Andy