Solved

Is 1 conditional split all I need?

• 27 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

Conditional Splits where the email either been opened at least once used inside flows. One of my flows has a email sent out to new subscribers, then a time delay that then meets the conditional split. If the subscriber hasn’t opened the email at least once within the flow, then they get a specific email while those who have receive a different email. My question is, if I want to continue splitting the condition whether they opened the email or not, do I need to continue placing more conditional splits? Would the conditional split still work if they receive an email after 2 days from not opening previous emails, time delay 1 day and get sent another email only if they still haven’t opened it? Or do I have to place another conditional spit? 

icon

Best answer by Spark Bridge Digital LLC 27 June 2023, 22:08

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +31

Hey there!

If I’m understanding your use-case correctly - yes you would need that conditional split after each delay/before each email sends to see if they interacted with the messages yet. 

Or if you wanted to keep this a bit cleaner, you could create your flow to only have your not opened path of emails with a flow filter applied on the trigger that they ‘opened an email in this flow Zero Times over all time.’

And then you create a segment that populates contacts when someone opens any email in that flow.

That segment then triggers a brand new flow (triggered once someone join that new segment you created!) and then they get the opened path of emails you wanted them to get!

Hopefully that makes sense, let me know if you have any questions!

Badge

Thanks for the reply, regarding your recommendation on “ ‘opened an email in this flow Zero Times over all time.’”,  wouldn’t it be the same conditional split being “Has opened Email at least once over all time where Flow equals ‘Flow Name’”?

Userlevel 6
Badge +31

Thanks for the reply, regarding your recommendation on “ ‘opened an email in this flow Zero Times over all time.’”,  wouldn’t it be the same conditional split being “Has opened Email at least once over all time where Flow equals ‘Flow Name’”?

Exactly! That filter you listed would be the exact phrasing