Skip to main content
Solved

Is it possible for in-email hyperlinks to trigger the next step in a flow?

• 26 May 2024
  • 2 replies

Hi all,

Is it possible to include two statements (presented as buttons or hyperlinks) in an email template, that directs the next step in the flow?

My specific use case is that I want to create a flow that encourages B2B customers to re-order 30 days after their last order (for example). In an ideal world, the email sent to them would have two statements presented as buttons/links: 1) “Remind me again in 30 days” and 2) “Remind me again in 60 days” (for example). If, the customer clicks on one of the statements, then the flow would remind them again in the timeframe they selected. If the customer does not click on one of the statements, then the default flow would continue.

Is this possible? Any thoughts/help would be greatly appreciated 🙂

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +32

Hey there!

What you could do is input your link into the email as:

{% update_property_link '30dayreminder' 'YES' 'http://www.your-website.com/survey_response' %}

When someone clicks it, it’ll update that profile property stored and then you can segment that group to then make it the trigger a 30-day wait flow to send them your follow-up message.

You can then also put in a flow filter in your original flow, so that once that field = YES. Then no longer send them the rest of the flow you had planned.

Once they do finish that 30day wait flow, just put in a profile property update step to then clear that out just in-case you want people to re-cycle through the entire re-order flow & ask sequence.

You’d also update that link I have above with your actual website link. Basically you want a page with a confirmation message to let them know you recorded their click/response.

Let me know if you have questions on that!

Badge

Thank you, we’ll give that a go :)