Solved

Is there a way to automatically add someone to a list/segment from an email campaign?

• 27 March 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +4
  • Active Contributor I
  • 15 replies

Hi there!

Okay, so I have seen this done before by other brands. They send an email and ask if we want early access to something and ask us to click a button if so. So I click the button and follow the link to a back-end looking page that says I have been added to the list.

Is there a way to do this through an email campaign? I just want someone to click a button and be added to my segment.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by retention 27 March 2023, 21:10

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +57

Hi @Vbeebs,

You can certainly add people to a Segment from a button or link click.  There are a few ways to do this:

• You can create a Segment of people who clicked on a link from an Email Campaign.
  • You can create an update-property link that adds a custom property to a Profile.  Then, you create a Segment of folks who have that property.

In either case, the “link” takes them to a hidden page on your site that “confirms” that the subscriber has been added to the notification list (but not an actual Klaviyo List).

The first one should be fairly straight forward, create a Segment of folks who have received the specific Campaign, AND clicked on a link (or if you want to be specific, the specific Link to the confirmation page).  

The second uses a Klaviyo template function called “update_property_link” that lets you append a field and value to the user’s profile if they click the link.  Klaviyo documentation shows you the step-by-step here:

Once users have this property, you can create a Segment of users who have this property value in their Profile.

Hope this helps!