Solved

Is there a way to simplify this flow? Or is this already optimal?

• 26 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi all,

Could I ask your opinions on my work?

I’m working on creating a browse abandonment flow that will more accurately target our customers with products that they’re interested in. (I know, it would be better to just show them the specific product in the email, but the way our webpage/business operates makes it unreliable to get that correct.)

The structure I have in mind goes like this:

Here is a screenshot of my flow as it stands right now. Does this look like the simplest, most optimal way to achieve this structure? Or is there a much better way of doing this that I’ve missed? (I’m doing this as a learning exercise, so I’m open to better possibilities that look completely different).

I’d appreciate any advice you could throw my way - I’m trying to improve my skills.

Thanks!

Lachlan

icon

Best answer by Dov 26 August 2022, 18:21

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @Lach,

Thanks for sharing this with us.

The way you’ve set up the conditional splits using SKU’s is perfectly fine. However, I’m wondering why you’re deciding to trigger this off a list, for a browse abandonment flow? I’d recommend using Viewed Product as your metric to trigger the flow that will give you the flexibility to include data relating to the Viewed Product event in your flow. With that said, this is a solid start. I’m interested to hear how others are approaching this as well :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +38

@Lach looks good to me from what you said on your goals for this flow. It looks like the number of conditions double after each “no” in your conditional statements.  What are the other conditions in there?

Agreed with @Dov though, if it’s browse abandon flow then doing it off a viewed product event would be best.

Badge +1

Thanks @Dov and @Manny Singh, I appreciate the feedback.

You’re right about the list trigger - I’ve made sure that’s corrected.

@Lach looks good to me from what you said on your goals for this flow. It looks like the number of conditions double after each “no” in your conditional statements.  What are the other conditions in there?

Ah, that’s sort of funny how that worked out! The conditions just specify a certain product - so it’s:
Ordered product once where SKU = x

OR

Ordered product once where SKU = Y

OR

Ordered product once where SKU = Z

OR

etc….

For returning customers, I want to tailor the email they receive to the type of product they’ve bought. It doesn’t have to be product specific, but our products do fall into specific categories. E.g: It doesn’t make sense to suggest an adult-level game to someone who’s only been buying kids games so far.

Thanks again for the help! I definitely didn’t want to be building terrible inefficiencies into my work at this early stage.