Is there anyways to put 2 trigger in only 1 flow? es: When someone added to cart OR started checkout?

• 21 January 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge

Is there anyways to put 2 trigger in only 1 flow? es: When someone added to cart OR started checkout?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +57

Hi @HankSinatra., welcome to the community!

As of now, you can only start with a single Trigger for a Flow. You can add additional Flow Filter rules for “What someone has done (or not done)” to include other events (Triggers) for a condition of being in the Flow or Conditional Splits based on other events (Triggers).  However, I realize that’s not what you’re trying to do.

For your specific case or example, “Added to Cart OR Started Checkout,” you can create one of those Flows and duplicate/clone it to the other Trigger.  Just make sure to exclude the “Started Checkout” from the “Added to Cart” since you wouldn’t want someone to get messages from both Flows once they reached the checkout.  

I do think compounded or more complex Trigger logic would be nice to have in the future, though I can see how that could make things very complicated to sort out.  The single Trigger methodology can reduce some cognitive load when you have dozens (hundreds?) of Flows and you want to be able to quickly know what’s happening whenever an event (metric) occurs.

Badge

Hi, thx.

In these 2 flows do i have to put a flow filters? 
Because if i leave it like it is, i mean only cloned, if someone add to cart and then start checkout, it will send this 2 flows.

What should i do?