Solved

Is this the correct way to set up an Abandoned Card email flow so they do not enter the flow if they are already in the Welcome email flow?

• 13 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

Is this the correct way to set up an Abandoned Card email flow so they do not enter the flow if:

• they are currently in the Welcome email flow

OR

• have already entered this Abandoned Cart flow in the last 15 days

icon

Best answer by Bobi N. 13 July 2023, 07:21

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +42

@Miffy 

I don’t think this is right.. They all need to be AND and there shouldn’t be OR between the first two and also opened email is not proper for knowing who is in the welcome flow..

As much as I understand you want people if they place order to go out of flow, if they received email from welcome flow also to go out of the flow and if they been in this flow in last 15 days to not start it at all.

Also Received email is better for knowing if people are in some flow than opening an email because those that are in welcome flow may be there but haven’t opened an email.

Also when you want people who are not in another flow you need to set it in negative connotation to say did something zero times in another flow to be able to receive this flow..

So what I would suggest is following:

• Placed order zero times since starting this flow

AND

• Received email zero times in last 3 days where flow is X (welcome flow)

AND

• Has not been in this flow in the last 15 days

Badge

@Bobi N. Thank you for your help. If I use “AND” would all three filters need to be true for the flow to start or can only one filter be true for the flow to start?

Userlevel 7
Badge +42

@Miffy 

Yes, when you use AND that means all of the filters need to be true for the subscriber to go through the flow and that is what you need here. All of these filters need to be true..