Solved

Issue with Abandoned Cart flow

• 20 September 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Hi all. I have noticed my Abandoned Cart flow is not working correctly and I’m not sure why.

I have the flow set up so that if a person:

‘has started checkout at least once since starting this flow where items containts product X’ they receive emails tailored for the X product,

if they haven’t it goes into the next split where if a person:

‘has started checkout at least once since starting this flow where items containts product Y’ they receive email tailored for the Y product’

otherwise they receive emails for all other products.

My problem is that my customer has started checkout with the X product, have started receiving emails for all other product. I have attached a screenshot in order to clarify my issue. Thank you in advance!

icon

Best answer by Spark Bridge Digital LLC 20 September 2023, 15:06

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +31

Hey there!

There are a couple of potential issues I see. Your current conditional split says ‘Since Starting This Flow’ which technically means that it is looking for a NEW event to happen to filter by, not their current cart. So instead, you can swap it to ‘In the last 2 days’ or ‘over all time’ for it to capture their most recent event. 

Also, instead of a condition split, you can swap it to a trigger split!

Your current conditional split is checking their entire history of abandoned carts to see if they had a product abandoned but if you put in a trigger split, it is then going to check if their current cart has that specific item, so it is more targeted to the exact item in their cart at this moment then of their full abandoned history with your brand.

Let me know if you have any questions - hope that helps!