Solved

Issue with products in post-purchase flow that are in multiple collections

• 19 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hey all, 

I work for an consumer products company and we use Klaviyo alongside a Shopify integration. I am trying to dial in my post purchase flows, but they’re not filtering down to the level I want to make accurate cross-sell email recommendations. I know there’s a solution, but I haven’t found it yet...

Quick background: I have 2 separate groups of 4 product lines, and within each product line there are multiple product families with multiple individual products. The two main groups of 4 product lines are meant to be paired with one or more products from the other group of 4. While many of the individual products have one-to-one relationship, we also have a some products from one group that can pair with multiple products from the other group. 

A shorter way of saying this is we have some products that are in more than one Collection.

What this means is that sometimes a purchase of product X will trigger two or three different post purchase product recommendation emails promoting products Y, Z, etc.

My triggers filters:

Metric:  Placed order

Trigger Filters: Collections contains product X

Collections doesn’t contain product Y (this is the product I want to try and cross sell)

My flow filter: Customer has purchased product Y zero times in the last 26 weeks. 

Thoughts on a different way to do this since I have the issue of products being included in multiple collections? Thanks!

icon

Best answer by ebusiness pros 20 January 2024, 00:15

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +24

Hi @MattyO! Glad to see you here in the community. 

It seems like the simplest solution to your problem would be to create specific Shopify collections just for the purpose of these cross-sell recommendations. They could be hidden collections that aren’t publicly linked to on your store. That way, you can select a targeted collection when creating a product feed in Klaviyo.

You’ll be able to rest easy knowing the specific products you want to be curated are the only ones shown, and provide consistent flow logic for situations like: IF buys X, THEN show “Y and Z” OR IF buys Y THEN show X.

Happy to answer any follow-up questions too!

Warmly,

Gabrielle

Klaviyo Champion & Marketing Lead at ebusiness pros

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Gabrielle,

Thank you so much for the advice. Really helpful and I’ll do just that. Appreciate it. 

Matty

Userlevel 6
Badge +24

It’s my pleasure @MattyO! So glad it was helpful.